CORONAVIRUS: Latest updates here.
The magic of Disney's Aladdin has delighted families on Broadway for over half a decade! Join Aladdin, Jasmine and the hilarious Genie on a magic carpet ride you'll never forget with this Tony-winning adaptation of their 1992 movie. Packing in romance and adventure, and all the classic songs from the film ("A Whole New World", "A Friend Like Me"), this is the ultimate musical spectacular audience of all ages will enjoy!
A lushly costumed and vibrantly choreographed affair, Aladdin was nominated for five Tony Awards when it premiered on Broadway in 2014. With direction from Tony winner Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon), Aladdin is a sure fire hit for all ages, whether you've seen the movie or not!
Plucky street urchin Aladdin's life is transformed forever when he ventures into the cave of Wonders and discovers a magic lamp. Out pops a manic Genie, who has the power to grant Aladdin three wishes. Aladdin's first wish is to be made into a prince, mainly so he can impress the city's beautiful Princess Jasmine, who he's sure could never love a pauper. But as love begins to blossom between Aladdin and Jasmine, there's trouble on the horizon. The nefarious statesman Jafar knows all about Aladdin's real identity and the power of the lamp, and is determined to secure the Genie's magic for himself!
While this musical is based on the movie, it also includes some characters from the film's early drafts who were ultimately left out of the final cut, including Aladdin's three sidekicks Babkak, Omar and Kassim.
Opening night: 26 February 2014
All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. We recommend that children be at least six years old to attend.
Two hours and 30 minutes with one intermission
* Specially priced tickets are available for wheelchair users. As a courtesy, patrons who use a wheelchair are permitted to purchase one additional ticket for his or her companion. Wheelchair seating and companion seats are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis at the theatre box office or by calling 212-282-2900. Please be sure to inform the Box Office representative of your seating needs when purchasing tickets.
* Wheelchair Accessible Restroom: The New Amsterdam Theatre is equipped with one wheelchair accessible restroom on the Orchestra level (house left), as well as wide stalls in the male and female restrooms on the Mezzanine level. A separate wheelchair accessible restroom is also available on the mezzanine and balcony levels.
* Seat Accessibility: There are designated wheelchair and companion seating in the rear of the Orchestra section. These locations are the ONLY ones that do not involve steps.
* Services for Guests with Disabilities: Theatre representatives are available to meet patrons with disabilities in the lobby of the building to escort them to their seats.
INFARED LISTENING DEVICES
* Please visit BroadwayTranslations.com for audio translations.
You may be required to have had a COVID vaccine in order to attend this performance or show proof of a negative test. Please contact the venue directly for more information on this.
Michael Maliakel as Aladdin
Shoba Narayan as Jasmine
Zach Bencal as Babkak
Michael James Scott as Genie
Jonathan Freeman as Jafar
Don Darryl Rivera as Iago
Dennis Stowe as Jafar/Sultan standby
Milo Alosi as Kassim
Brad Weinstock as Omar
JC Montgomery as Sultan
Juwan Crawley as Genie/Sultan Standby
Frank Viveros as Genie/Sultan/Babkak standby
Tia Altinay, Mary Antonini, Netanel Bellaishe, Michael Callahan, Mike Cannon, Matthew deGuzman, Jacob Dickey, Mark DiConzo, Olivia Donalson, Josh Drake, Samantha Farrow, Jacob Gutierrez, Heather Makalani, Stanley Martin, Paul Heesang Miller, April Holloway, Amber Owens, Jamie Kasey Patterson, Bobby Petska, Ariel Reid, Tyler Roberts, Jaz Sealey, Charles South, Angelo Soriano and Katie Terza.
Directed by Casey Nicholaw
Book by Chad Beguelin
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Tim Rice and Chad Beguelin
Sets by Bob Crowley
Costumes by Gregg Barnes
Lighting by Natasha Katz
Visual Effects by Jim Steinmeye
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical - James Monroe Iglehart
Best Book of a Musical
Best Original Score
Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical - James Monroe Iglehart
About New York City Theater: We are an independent show guide not a venue or show. We sell primary, discount and resale tickets and prices may be above or below face value.
Meet stars from
the cast of
Fri, Jan 21
Mon, Jan 24
Tue, Jan 25
Wed, Jan 26
Thu, Jan 27
shining Shimmering SPLENDID
Disney has truly shown us a whole new world - shining, shimmering, splendid!
As I approached the New Amsterdam Theatre, a dream was coming true - to see Aladdin on Broadway! I had wished I would see this with my big sister as it is one of our favorite Disney stories, but alas she is now a grown up and recent mom to my second adorRead full review
4 reviews, average rating: (4.9 Stars)
My husband and I went the night before opening night! It was a wonderful... more
Sound good to you? Share this page on social media and let your friends know about Aladdin at New Amsterdam Theater.
I want email news and updates for events in my area! Read how we protect your data.
Please note: The term New Amsterdam Theater and/or Aladdin as well as all associated graphics, logos, and/or other trademarks, tradenames or copyrights are the property of the New Amsterdam Theater and/or Aladdin and are used herein for factual descriptive purposes only. We are in no way associated with or authorized by the New Amsterdam Theater and/or Aladdin and neither that entity nor any of its affiliates have licensed or endorsed us to sell tickets, goods and or services in conjunction with their events.