Why See Ragtime?
This much-loved musical explores themes ranging from immigration to racism and social unrest in the early 20th century. The recent (and acclaimed) Kennedy Center revival arrives on Broadway.
The musical is a tapestry of New York area life in the first decades of the 20th century. People from radically different walks of life - an African-American family, a Jewish immigrant family and a wealthy suburban WASP family - see their lives intersect in the aftermath of a crime, with unexpectedly emotional results.
The score includes "Wheels of a Dream," "Back to Before," "Your Daddy's Son," "New Music" and "Journey On.
Previews from: 23 Oct 2009
Opens: 15 Nov 2009
Audience: Children under 4 years of age will not be admitted into the Neil Simon Theater.
Run time: TBA
|Matinee||-||-||2 pm||-||-||2 pm||3 pm|
|Evening||-||7 pm||8 pm||8 pm||8 pm||8 pm||-|
* Week of November 16: Tuesday @7pm, Wednesday - Saturday @8pm, Wednesday & Saturday matinees @2pm, Sunday matinee @3pm
* Week of November 23: Tuesday @7pm; Wednesday, Friday & Saturday @8pm; Wednesday, Friday & Saturday @2pm, Sunday @3pm
* Weeks of November 30 and December 7: Tuesday @7pm; Thursday – Saturday @8pm; Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday @2pm, Sunday @7:30pm
* Week of December 14: Tuesday @7pm, Wednesday – Saturday @8pm, Wednesday & Saturday @2pm, Sunday @3pm
* Week of December 21: Tuesday @7pm; Monday, Wednesday & Saturday @8pm; Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday @2pm; Sunday @7:30pm
* Week of December 28: Tuesday @7pm; Monday, Wednesday & Saturday @8pm; Wednesday & Saturday @2pm; Sunday @3pm
Opening night: 23 October 2009
2010 TONY AWARDS
Best Revival of a Musical
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical: Christiane Noll
Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical: Bobby Steggert
Best Direction of a Musical: Marcia Milgrom Dodge
Best Scenic Design of a Musical: Derek McLane
Best Costume Design of a Musical: Santo Loquasto
Best Lighting Design of a Musical: Donald Holder
What you thought
Seen Ragtime? Loved it? Hated it?
Help your fellow New York City Theater visitors by leaving the first review!Write a review now
Spread the word!
Keep up to date!
Straight to your inbox
Please note: The term Neil Simon Theater and/or Ragtime as well as all associated graphics, logos, and/or other tradermarks, tradenames or copyrights are the property of the Neil Simon Theater and/or Ragtime and are used herein for factual descriptive purposes only. We are in no way associated with or authorized by the Neil Simon Theater and/or Ragtime and neither that entity nor any of its affiliates have licensed or endorsed us to sell tickets, goods and or services in conjunction with their events.